I live in Toronto Canada where I have worked in the visual effects industry where I have written various application, tool, and pipeline software . I started out doing technical rigging of things like monsters and explosions than later gravitated towards coding tools and automation in languages like python, C/C++, MEL. You can see a list of the movies I’ve worked on at IMDB
I grew up in Burlington I went to school at mohawk college. I later moved to Toronto and studied at the Toronto Film School and started my career in computer animation.
At a very young age I have been fascinated with how the world works. When I was old enough to use my fathers tools to the horror of my parents, I began disassembling things like the family VCR.
My desire to learn has lead me on some interesting paths and has shaped who I am today. Some of these areas are; discrete and embedded electronics, robotics, machine learning, photogrammetry, industrial design, science, chemistry, biology, entrepreneurship, and business startup.
I have picked up and worked on many projects over time. Some of the more notable ones are listed below:
- I have a YouTube channel called Howies Lab where I put interesting things under a microscope.
- I created a video game in the Unity engine called Destination Mars about mars exploration with resource gathering.
- The last year I have been flying FPV drones and even designed one.
- I have a 3d printer that I used to create prototypes and other random things.
- I also have a 3d printed metal jewelry online business Tin Lynx where I create custom jewelry using 3d software.
- I have designed and built a number of robotic walking, balancing and flying vehicles that involve mechanics CAD design, digital electronics and embedded software.
In my spare time I enjoy reading and picking up new projects that interest me. I don’t watch much television but do enjoy movies and playing games. I love to create things from ideas, and working on these projects I enjoy doing the most.